By Michael McLaughlin
Design Feature-Rich PL/SQL Applications
Deliver dynamic, client/server PL/SQL purposes with specialist counsel from an Oracle programming expert. With complete assurance of the most recent beneficial properties and instruments, Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming lays out every one subject along particular factors, cut-and-paste syntax examples, and real-world case reviews. entry and adjust database details, build robust PL/SQL statements, execute powerful queries, and install bulletproof safeguard. you are going to additionally enforce C, C++, and Java tactics, Web-enable your database, minimize improvement time, and optimize performance.
- Create, debug, and deal with Oracle-driven PL/SQL courses
- Use PL/SQL buildings, delimiters, operators, variables, and statements
- Identify and dispose of error utilizing PLSQL_WARNINGS and exception handlers
- Work with services, systems, programs, collections, and triggers
- Define and set up varray, nested desk, and associative array facts types
- deal with exterior exercises, item varieties, huge items, and safe records
- speak among parallel classes utilizing DBMS_ALERT and DBMS_PIPE
- Call exterior methods via Oracle web providers and PL/SQL wrappers
- Integrate inner and server-side Java category libraries utilizing Oracle JVM
- Develop strong internet purposes utilizing PL/SQL Gateway and internet Toolkit
Read or Download Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming PDF
Best oracle books
This e-book lias been written for the next audiences:■ Management-You could have bought Oracle9i for purposes except Java improvement in the database. notwithstanding, that will recognize extra approximately Oracle9i Java gains, see "Overview of Oracle9i Java Documentation" on web page 1-23 for a administration viewpoint.
There are few books out that care for Oracle textual content and XSQL. utilizing the methodologies, practices, and so forth. i discovered little need to go looking for one more reference.
Oracle functionality Survival consultant a scientific method of Database Optimization the short, whole, start-to-finish advisor to optimizing Oracle functionality Oracle functionality Survival advisor bargains a established, systematic, start-to-finish technique for optimizing Oracle functionality as successfully as attainable.
This self-study examination guidance consultant for the Oracle Database 10g Database Administrator OCP certification examination includes every thing you must try out your self and cross the examination. All examination issues are lined and insider secrets and techniques, whole factors of all Oracle Database 10g Database Administrator OCP topics, attempt methods and guidance, a number of hugely real looking pattern questions, and workouts designed to bolster figuring out of Oracle Database 10g Database Administrator OCP options and get ready you for examination good fortune at the first test are supplied.
- Expert Oracle Exadata, 2nd Edition
- Beginning Oracle SQL for Oracle Database 12c
- Father Brown Mysteries 09 The Oracle of the Dog
- OCP : Oracle Database 11g Administrator certified professional study guide (Exam 1Z0-053)
- OCP Oracle8i DBA architecture & administration and backup & recovery study guide
- Oracle Application Server 10g Web Development
Additional resources for Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming
Oracle recommends that you run all PL/SQL in either NATIVE or INTERPRETED mode. INTERPRETED mode is the database default, and PL/SQL modules are stored as clear text or wrapped text. You can view stored programs by querying the ALL_SOURCE, DBA_SOURCE, or USER_SOURCE data dictionary tables. NATIVE-mode code is compiled into an intermediate form before being reduced to machine-specific code. A copy of the code is also stored in the data dictionary, while the library is positioned in an external directory.
You should look closely at this clause for data warehousing uses. The PIPELINED clause provides improved performance when functions return collections, like nested tables or VARRAYs. You’ll also note performance improvements when returning system reference cursors by using the PIPELINED clause. The RESULT_CACHE clause indicates a function is cached only once in the SGA and available across sessions. It is new in the Oracle 11g Database. Cross-session functions only work with IN mode formal parameters.
The original PL/SQL development team made these choices carefully. The Oracle database has been rewarded over the years because of those choices. One choice that stands out as an awesome decision is letting you link PL/SQL variables to the database catalog. This is a form of run-time type inheritance. You use the %TYPE and %ROWTYPE pseudotypes to inherit from the strongly typed variables defined in the database catalog (covered in Chapters 3 and 9). Anchoring PL/SQL variables to database catalog objects is an effective form of structural coupling.