By Adele P. Margolis
This profusely illustrated primer in trend making is superb for growing stylish garments in addition to lovely necklines, wallet, and sleeves. Nationally acclaimed stitching specialist Adele Margolis presents basic, step by step instructions and greater than 1,000 illustrations for making outfits for paintings, domestic, and play — every thing from fashionable skirts, attire, and jackets to children's garments.
Read or Download Make Your Own Dress Patterns PDF
Best crafts books
Contemplate a corset as a clean canvas.
Linda Sparks' the fundamentals of Corset development: A guide for newcomers is a entire advisor to development your first corset, including:
Section One: instruments and fabrics for Corset Building
Discusses the instruments you’ll want, plus forms of metal, plastic, and textiles.
Section : development a Corset
Everything you want to find out about operating with bones and busks, atmosphere grommets and eyelets, and making a fantastically comprehensive corset.
Section 3: building Techniques
Covers the entire steps, together with creating a modesty panel, creating a mock-up, and construction unmarried layer, double layer, and model textile corsets.
Section 4: adjustments and Fit
Discusses advertisement corset styles, in addition to the right way to healthy and magnificence a corset for precisely the glance you will have.
The appropriate sew for each Project
Does your stitching laptop include plenty of fancy stitches that you've by no means concept to attempt? This crucial consultant to computing device and hand stitches will train you the way to exploit any and each sew for professional-looking seams, hems, gathers, darts, and extra. liberate your complete stitching power with fifty seven computer stitches, 18 hand stitches, and how to decide upon the right kind needles, threads, and stitching desktop add-ons, entire with certain step by step tutorials and illustrations.
This finished sew dictionary is a must have significant other for any sewer, no matter if you simply received your first stitching computing device or you're a professional professional trying to polish your abilities. in case your ardour is dressmaking, tailoring, or just mending your individual outfits, large Stitches stitching can provide the entire details you want to make each undertaking successful.
Like mom, like daughter! mother & Me Knits deals every little thing a knitter must sew up trendy items for herself and her boy or girl. Stefanie Japel, celebrated knit clothier and mom of 2 little women, has created clever, refined items for moms and extra whimsical, younger interpretations for daughters.
Playful Little Paper-Pieced tasks by means of Tacha Bruecher is a set of paper-pieced initiatives that includes the superior paintings from today's such a lot gifted glossy quilters. you could research every thing you must find out about beginning paper piecing, after which try your talents with 37 tasks ranging in hassle and complexity.
- Little Book of Book Making: Timeless Techniques and Fresh Ideas for Beautiful Handmade Books
- Essential Sewing Reference Tool: All-in-One Visual Guide
- Origami 101: Master Basic Skills and Techniques Easily through Step-by-Step Instruction
- Travel Origami: 24 Fun and Functional Travel Keepsakes
- The Metal Detecting Bible: Helpful Tips, Expert Tricks and Insider Secrets for Finding Hidden Treasures
- How to Fix Absolutely Anything: A Homeowner's Guide
Additional resources for Make Your Own Dress Patterns
K A B C H G F D E J 4. Using 6 strands of embroidery floss, sew the shamrock using a backstitch. MARCH—St. Patrick’s Day Hat 33 Irish Apron MADE BY Angela Pingel • FINISHED SIZE: 23˝ × 231/2˝, with 29˝ sashing This apron is perfect for entertaining on St. Patrick’s Day! The sash is cleverly designed to look like a buckled belt, and the pleats give the apron a tartan flair. Pair it with a fabulous fabric and you have the recipe for a festive holiday. Erin Go Bragh! Materials and Supplies Paper-piecing pattern is on page CD18.
3. Position the ends of the handles on the right side of the bag exterior 4˝ from the side edges and 41/2˝ apart. Pin in place. 4. Place the bag exterior inside the lining, right sides facing, and stitch together around the top edge. 5. Turn the bag right side out through the gap in the lining and press the top edge of the bag so the lining sits neatly inside. 6. Topstitch around the top of the bag 1/4˝ from the edge. 7. Slipstitch the opening in the lining closed. APRIL—Umbrella 43 may Bicycle Ride PIECED BY Julianna Gasiorowska By May, spring has well and truly sprung.
Sew the 3˝ × 40˝ strips to both sides of the buckle using a 1/2˝ seam allowance. 36 Playful Little Paper-Pieced Projects 10. Match the center of the buckle strip with long sash into place, over the turned-under edge the center of the long sashing strip. Sew the of the buckle strip. long sashing strips to the top of the buckle strip, Apply adhesive strip to turned-under edge. right sides together, using a 1/2˝ seam allowance. Remove the foundation. 11. Match the center of the buckle strip with the center of the apron.