By Pete Finnigan, Alex Gorbachev, Randolf Geist, Visit Amazon's Tim Gorman Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Tim Gorman, , Connie Green, Charles Hooper, Jonathan Lewis, Niall Litchfield, Visit Amazon's Karen Morton Page, search results, Learn
This e-book is an anthology of potent database administration suggestions representing the collective knowledge of the OakTable community. With an emphasis upon performance―but additionally branching into protection, nationwide language, and different issues―the e-book is helping you convey the main worth in your company’s funding in Oracle Database applied sciences. You’ll discover ways to successfully plan for and display screen functionality, to troubleshoot systematically while issues get it wrong, and to control your database instead of letting it deal with you.
By S G Ganesh
Oracle qualified specialist Java SE 7 Programmer checks 1Z0-804 and 1Z0-805 is a concise, entire, step by step, and one-stop consultant for the Oracle qualified specialist Java SE 7 Programmer examination. the 1st chapters set the degree for examination coaching and enable the reader start speedy. the 1st bankruptcy solutions commonly asked questions on the OCPJP examination.
This publication assumes that the reader is already acquainted with Java basics that's in keeping with the prerequisite of getting a OCAJP certification.
The booklet activities huge supportive fabric to aid the reader in potent examination training within the kind of appendices:
- 2 mock exams to provide the reader a feeling of a real-exam.
- An speedy refresher summarizing an important ideas (with tips about answering questions) to revise earlier than the examination.
This e-book might be a tasty learn for any OCPJP aspirant due to its basic language, instance pushed process, and easy-to-read kind. additional, given its a hundred% concentrate on the examination and beneficial supportive fabric, this publication is obviously an enticing purchase to OCPJP aspirants worldwide.
By Doug Gault
Beginning Oracle software exhibit 4.2 introduces model 4.2 of the preferred and efficient Oracle program show improvement platform. known as APEX for brief, the platform allows speedy and straightforward improvement of web-based purposes that make complete use of Oracle Database. the discharge of APEX 4.2 brings large new Flash and HTML five charting functions, better issues for cellular functions usable from telephones and capsules, RESTful internet prone help, superior program packaging, and the numerous redesigned wizards supply a brand new and clean consider to the consumer interface.
no matter if you are new to Oracle or an outdated hand who is but to check the waters of APEX, Beginning Oracle software exhibit 4.2 introduces the methods and most sensible practices you will want to develop into knowledgeable with APEX. The booklet exhibits off the programming atmosphere, the utilities and instruments to be had, after which keeps by way of strolling in the course of the strategy of development a operating method from the floor up. All code is documented and defined in order that these new to the languages usually are not misplaced. After analyzing this publication, strength clients and programmers alike can fast prepare strong and scalable functions to be used via one individual, via a division, via a whole corporation.
- Covers brand-new performance in APEX 4.2
- Provides absolutely documented and defined instance code
- Guides you thru making a operating and completely deployable software
By Doug Stuns
Here's the e-book you must organize for examination 1Z0-032: Oracle9i Database: basics II.
- In-depth insurance of respectable examination goals
- Practical info on enforcing and coping with Oracle9i databases
- Hundreds of demanding evaluation questions, within the ebook and at the CD
Authoritative assurance of all examination goals, together with:
- Identifying suggestions incorporated with Oracle9i for coping with complicated networks
- Using Oracle web providers and customer server connections
- Establishing net buyer connections via Oracle networking items
- Troubleshooting database connections
- Using and configuring the Oracle Shared Server
- Backing up, restoring, and getting better databases
- Configuring the database archiving mode
- Using restoration supervisor (RMAN)
- Loading information into, and transporting info among databases
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and different supplementary fabrics aren't incorporated as a part of book dossier.
By Sam R. Alapati, Darl Kuhn, Arup Nanda
It’s occasionally stated that the real activity of an Oracle database administrator might be summed up in a single, crucial ability: with the intention to get well your database.
There’s a lot knowledge in that assertion. Of everything you're answerable for as a database administrator, not anything is extra vital than the knowledge itself. love it or now not, the fearsome accountability of defending your businesses most crucial facts falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that information and your organization may fail.
- Lose that facts and also you may be out of a job.
Scared? try to be. yet theres support. you're not on my own. Oracle specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come jointly during this publication to teach you the facility of restoration supervisor, or RMAN, that is Oracles backup and restoration instrument of selection. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g is helping you are taking good thing about all that RMAN has to provide by means of offering easy-to-understand strategies to business-critical backup and restoration operations. this convenient guide
- Demystifies the stairs required to guard your online business data
- offers ready-made and step by step recommendations to basic and complicated backup, restoration, and restoration operations
- Is task-oriented, making it effortless so you might uncover the answer to urgent backup and restoration problems
- Respects it slow via delivering example-based options, now not unending interpreting material
When the pressure’s on, you dont have time for lengthy discussions of conception. This e-book will get correct to the purpose with fast and easy-to-read, step by step recommendations that may assist you backup and get better your info with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Oracle Database specialists Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda express you the way to
- Reliably again up and recuperate your database utilizing Oracles restoration Manager.
- make the most of New Oracle Database 11g beneficial properties resembling the information restoration Advisor.
- permit Oracle Database deal with your backup documents through the Flash restoration Area.
- Automate backup and restoration initiatives by means of writing scripts.
- Troubleshoot RMAN difficulties and optimize RMAN performance.
- Interface with a Media administration Layer to control your backup tape library.
- get over the lack of a keep watch over dossier, lack of an internet redo log, and different (hopefully!) strange situations.
Who is that this ebook for?
Oracle database directors accountable for database backup and restoration operations.
By David Egan, Paul Zikopoulos, Jamieson Becker, Chris Rogers
On the way to raise its marketshare and hazard to home windows NT, Oracle8 was once ported to Linux in past due 1998, commencing the preferred database to an extra 10 million Linux clients around the world. the provision of Oracle8 permits present Linux clients to installation enterprise-class functions at in your price range and gives an alternative choice to Microsoft home windows NT. This booklet covers that marriage of the most well-liked database and the quickest turning out to be working system.
* whole insurance. Covers either Oracle8i and Oracle8i Lite, in addition to Oracle purposes, Oracle functions Server, and Oracle Developer
* enterprises and Oracle database directors may be searching for details on Linux as is will get followed - this ebook suits the bill
* Covers progress markets and fills a necessity for info now not coated elsewhere
By Darl Kuhn
This can be an exceptional Linux reference for an Oracle DBA.
By Michael D. Lairson
Your One-Stop advisor to Oracle CRM On call for Reporting
Plan, construct, and distribute data-rich company intelligence stories very easily. Oracle CRM On call for Reporting information the complete report-building method and explains tips on how to use the robust positive aspects to be had in solutions On call for to create and proportion accomplished, built-in stories. The publication contains confirmed thoughts for document layout and improvement, real-world examples, formatting information, complex reporting innovations, and pattern formulation. Convert disparate company info into actionable enterprise intelligence with aid from this certain consultant.
Maximize the positive factors of solutions On Demand
- Strategically plan your reports
- Format, variety, filter out, and regulate file data
Use column formulation with numeric, date and time, and textual content information
- Apply common sense and remodel info with column formulas
- Format file identify and desk views
Add charts, graphs, pivot tables, filter out activates, and interactivity to reports
- Configure complex perspectives and create customized dashboards
- Manage reviews and keep watch over access
By Tom Laszewski
Migrating to the Cloud: Oracle Client/Server Modernization is a reference advisor for migrating client/server functions to the Oracle cloud. equipped into 14 chapters, the e-book bargains tips about making plans, opting for attempt and finances, designing the Oracle cloud infrastructure, enforcing the migration, and relocating the Oracle cloud setting into creation.
Aside from Oracle program and database cloud choices, the ebook seems to be at a variety of instruments and applied sciences which can facilitate migration to the cloud. It comprises precious code snippets and step by step directions in database migration, in addition to 4 case reports that spotlight provider enablement of DOS-based purposes, Sybase to Oracle, PowerBuilder to APEX, and types to Java EE. eventually, it considers present demanding situations and destiny tendencies in cloud computing and client/server migration.
This e-book may be worthwhile to IT pros, resembling builders, architects, database directors, IT undertaking managers, and bosses, in constructing migration ideas and top practices, in addition to discovering acceptable solutions.
- Focuses on Oracle structure, Middleware and COTS company applications
- Explains the instruments and applied sciences precious on your legacy migration
- Gives priceless information regarding quite a few thoughts, migration methodologies and effective plans for executing migration projects