By Leo L. Beranek, Tim Mellow
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers is a completely up to date model of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 e-book that keeps and expands at the original's distinctive acoustical basics whereas including useful formulation and simulation tools.
Serving either as a textual content for college students in engineering departments and as a reference for practising engineers, this e-book specializes in electroacoustics, reading the habit of transducers simply by electro-mechano-acoustical circuits. Assuming wisdom of electric circuit idea, it starts off by way of guiding readers during the fundamentals of sound fields, the legislation governing sound new release, radiation, and propagation, and basic terminology. It then strikes directly to examine:
- Microphones (electrostatic and electromagnetic), electrodynamic loudspeakers, earphones, and horns
- Loudspeaker enclosures, baffles, and waveguides
- Miniature purposes (e.g., MEMS in I-Pods and cellphones)
- Sound in enclosures of all sizes, equivalent to study rooms, workplaces, auditoriums, and dwelling rooms
Numerical examples and precis charts are given through the textual content to make the fabric simply appropriate to sensible layout. it's a useful source for experimenters, acoustical experts, and to people who expect being engineering designers of audio equipment.
- An replace for the electronic age of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 publication Acoustics
- Provides distinct acoustic basics, allowing larger realizing of advanced layout parameters, size tools, and data
- Extensive appendices hide frequency-response shapes for loudspeakers, mathematical formulation, and conversion factors
Read Online or Download Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers PDF
Similar acoustics & sound books
This definitive textbook presents scholars with a entire advent to acoustics. starting with the fundamental actual principles, Acoustics balances the basics with engineering facets, functions and electroacoustics, additionally overlaying song, speech and the houses of human listening to. The recommendations of acoustics are uncovered and utilized in: room acoustics sound insulation in constructions noise keep an eye on underwater sound and ultrasound.
The emphasis of this variation is only on passive technique of noise keep watch over and the bankruptcy on energetic noise keep watch over that seemed within the moment and 3rd variants has been changed with a bankruptcy on functional numerical acoustics, the place it truly is proven how loose, open resource software program can be utilized to unravel a few tough acoustics difficulties, that are too advanced for theoretical research.
- The physics of waves
- Your Cubase studio
- Theoretical Problems in Cavity Nonlinear Optics
- Engineering principles of acoustics: Noise and vibration control
- Practical Balancing of Rotating Machinery
- Urban forest acoustics
Additional resources for Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers
FIG. 17 Bessel functions of the first kind. 58 CHAPTER 2 The wave equation and solutions FIG. 18 Bessel functions of the second kind. The azimuthal equation in f. 135) It can be seen that the integer n denotes the nth harmonic of the azimuthal modes of vibration where f ¼ 2p represents a full rotation about the z axis. The values of An and Bn depend on where the nodes and antinodes lie on the circumference. For example, setting Bn ¼ 0 would place the nodes at f ¼ 0, p, and 2p. The axial equation in z.
21 Spherical Bessel functions of the second kind. The inclination equation in q. After equating the right hand side of Eq. 156) Equating the left hand side of Eq.
11 Spherical coordinates 61 FIG. 20 Spherical Bessel functions of the first kind. FIG. 21 Spherical Bessel functions of the second kind. The inclination equation in q. After equating the right hand side of Eq. 156) Equating the left hand side of Eq.